Parent Education and Prevention Outreach Services: We offer programs designed to equip individuals, families, and youth leaders with the tools necessary to help navigate young people successfully through childhood and adolescence. Small group workshops, professional trainings for educators and youth leaders, community presentations, parent support groups and parent coaching are among our offerings. Call Mandy Jabbour at 412-366-1300 ex. 121 to learn more. Click here for a flyer.
Upcoming Parent Workshops that are Open to the Public:
- Fostering Family Connection & Managing Conflict Hosted by Sharpsburg Family Worship Center Wednesday, January 31 from 6:30 pm -8:00 pm 200 Eight Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 Mandy Jabbour, LSW, of Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry will lead a discussion for families on how to be emotionally-connected as a family as well as strategies for resolving the inevitable conflicts that arise in family life. This event is free and complimentary child care is provided. Register by calling the church office at (412) 799-0701 or online at www.sfwc.org.
- Who’s in Charge: Boundaries with Teens Hosted by St. Paul’s United Methodist Church 1965 Ferguson Rd Allison Park, PA 15101 Sunday, February 25 from 9:15-10:15 am Cassy Wimmer, LSW, of Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry will lead this discussion. Childcare provided through the Sunday School program and nursery for children 4 and under. To register, contact Carla at 412-486-7006.
- Managing Screens and Technology in Your Home Hosted by Hampton Presbyterian Church Sunday, February 25 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm 2942 East Hardies Rd in Gibsonia (Hospitality Room/Main Floor) Are you worried about raising your children in this digitally-addicted world? Mandy Jabbour, LSW, of Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry will lead a discussion for families on effective strategies for a maintaining a healthy relationship with technology. This event is free. Please direct questions to Karen Shumaker at 724-443-3201 or email@example.com. Advance RSVP is not necessary.
- The Eight Building Blocks for Raising Good Kids Hosted by St. Paul’s United Methodist Church 1965 Ferguson Rd Allison Park, PA 15101 Sunday, March 18 from 9:15-10:15 am Cassy Wimmer, LSW, of Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry will lead this discussion. Childcare provided through the Sunday School program and nursery for children 4 and under. To register, contact Carla at 412-486-7006.
Additional workshops can be scheduled at YOUR location.
Parenting Success Workshops Raising a child can sometimes be difficult. We can help. Parents will make connections, share strategies on what is and is not working for them, and learn new skills to support positive parent-child relationships. Hosting one of these workshops is a wonderful opportunity for parent groups, churches, schools, scouts and youth leaders to equip families to journey through life’s parenting pressures and transitions. Featured topics (Can be adapted to various age groups):
- Raising Responsible Kids
- Combating Overindulgence with Gratitude
- Bully-Proofing Your Kids
- Key Developmental Building Blocks for Children
- Blocks for Raising Resilient Children
- Selling Kids Out: Body Image and the Media
- The Family Connection & Managing Conflict
- Understanding the Social Life of 10-15 Year olds
- The Teen Brain: Dangers and Opportunities
- Who’s in Charge? Boundaries with Teens
- Managing Screens & Technology in your Home
- The Family Economy: Chores & Allowances
- Supporting Kids with ADHD
Call Mandy Jabbour at 412-366-1300 ex. 121 to learn more. Click here for a flyer.