- A sense of hope and that you’re not alone
- The chance to learn from experts and group members
- An opportunity to connect with and learn from others
- A place to meet people with like issues or interests
Some of these groups are free due to generous individuals and grants, for others a donation is appreciated, and in some cases your health insurance will cover you. Scholarships are also available. Do not let lack of financial resources keep you from registering. For more information and to register for these groups, call Anchorpoint at 412-366-1300. Click here for a flyer of current offerings to print out and share.
- Parent Education: Private Parent Coaching, Parenting Workshops and SPIN (Single Parent Information Network)
- Self-Care for Women: An eight week support and educational group for women struggling with stress or depression and its effects in their lives. $5 per session; scholarships available. Tuesdays: 6:30 to 8:30pm. Click here for a flyer.
- Sanctuary—Empowering Teen Girls: Ten week support group for girls grappling with sadness, loneliness, fitting in, assertiveness, body image and more. $5 per session; scholarships available. Tuesdays: 4:00 to 5:30 pm. Click here for a flyer.
- S.P.I.N. For Single Moms: Prepare to be empowered physically, mentally and spiritually. For less than two hours of your time, you’ll be treated to a free meal, great conversation, and homework help for the kids (October thru May).
- Grief Support Group: For widows and widowers over Fifty. Hosted by St. Sebastian’s Parish in Haber Hall. Donations accepted. 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 1 to 2:30 pm.
- Marriage Sustainers: An educational course for married couples who want to reinvigorate their marriage.
- How Not To Marry A Jerk: An educational group for singles wanting pointers for jerk-proofing a future marriage.
- Life After Divorce: A ten week educational group for people trying to make sense of life after divorce and learning to cope with the experience. Major insurance accepted.
Tuesdays: 6 to 7:30 pm.